Saturday, June 9, 2012

so cami turns to me and says.....

why is no one posting reports? come on you guys, don't let this blog die, make it better! like this:
cami and i have come a long way! we found each other in the water, literally, and began an innocent partnership based on fear, which everyone knows is a good way to begin. things were so sweet in our little fear fest: thanks for swimming with me! can you swim tomorrow? you're such a good swimmer! and so on, it was awesome. as all relationships grow and change, so did ours, we moved quickly into deeper conversations about dirt and shovels, husbands and kids, it was therapy for us both then came harder workouts, serious grooves, long side by side swims in near perfect sync, it was killer and we felt that we had kinship. happy happy joy joy! all this glory has peaked into true partnership when yesterday cami turned her head in the water to tell me that i was such an asshole. i knew then that we had a perfect partnership. truly!  i was working to keep up with her, she never, ever loses it no matter how long her absense-god, i hate that, i miss two days and it's like i have never swam in my life-and she in turn was working to stay with me, and like all things that matter and inch us out of our comfort zone, out of the laying around zone, it was pissing her off. i'm perpetually pissed, i can never really tell if i'm extra pissed. unless i am. so you see, people, this is what to strive for, people in the water that you can lovingly call an asshole. that's when you know it's love. i love you, cami!
elsewhere, water was 66, semi clear, some light surface chop but generally fun and a big group of 7 for a friday! cftc, lftc, alexis, sunshine, claudia, ralph, guila, a new friend of claudia's visiting from seattle.
lftc-out

2 comments:

  1. Yous some funny people! I think you are all assholes 'cause you are faster than me. Ugh I need to get in the water....perhaps today?
    <3 Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you guys! I LOVED swimming with you on Friday. You were all so welcoming. Swimming in the Cove felt nurturing. I loved the (relative) warmth and buoyoncy of the water...all the wildlife that I could see. I loved the kelp and the sea grass...all signs (I think) of a healthy ocean.

    THANK YOU all for your ocean-hospitality, and especially to Laura for picking me up and delivering me to the Old Town station. I invite you all to swim with my pack up in Seattle.

    Love, Guila

    ReplyDelete