Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday Red Tide-day

Well red tide is the order of the week.  Today it was washing all the way into the cove, in the breaking waves, around the point toward Children's Pool.  I swam solo to the .25 and back to get used to it.  Sunday's race will be no place for the uncommitted.  I talked to a guy who came from Las Vegas to do the race.  He was obviously tripped out by the conditions.  This was his first time in the ocean since he was 4 yrs old.  I tried to coax him in, but he's too uncommitted.  Can't say that I blame him.  Tom Heck swam at 6 a.m. and reported that the efflorescence created by his hand in the red tide attracted small fish to the surface.  He kept getting pelted in the face by the little buggers!

1 comment:

  1. we went at 7am and I noticed the little fish (tickled my feet twice). It was clearer near the Marine Room...lots of bats flying.

    I'll be up in Oceanside swimming the Tiki Swim (2.4 mile race) wish me luck...never have done that distance in a race before (Im a bit intimidated).

    Good luck to all of you Relay-ers :o)

    ReplyDelete