Sunday, December 18, 2011

Rock Star Swimmers... and you know who you are!

Didn't swim Saturday and heard we definitely missed out on all kinds of wonders -- turtle sightings, dolphins leaping, seal lions chasing about, near-best-swim-evah, so beautious AND Leonard reported the FREEZING temps in the H2O... 56 ouch! degrees!

Well, it warmed up for us on Sunday (LOL) and the sun even came out to warm the chill just a tad... I just don't know how LFTC, Diana darling and Marta manage to swim in that frigid water sans pants, but they rock!  Rock Star Swimmers they are... Leonard, Bill and I swam about in our seal-like wet suits trying desparately to stay warm any way we could. Bill swims at least twice as fast in the winter and whoa, he's tough to catch when he gets going. We raced out to the 1/4, then raced to the 1/2, then absolutely chilled to the bone, raced back in, as the rest of the gang chatted and bobbed about catching up on the lastest what, ice cube news? I don't know, I wanted to talk too, but the cold water forces me on or I'd probably just freeze in place!  Still, what a gorgeous Sunday it was, the seal lion group raft ducked down under me just as we were heading out of the cove and they were such a fun team to watch circling around. Sure wish I could swim like that.  Of course I saw dolphins today too, long after our swim and we were headed to the car... still, saw them frolicking at the A having a great swim too.  
Happy Holidays from the Cary (and Bill), the MC's ... this was the cove today, another day paradise!

So, to all our dear mer-friends, we wish you and yours a very happy holiday season.  Our daughter, Emily arrives home this Wednesday for a month long break from Kyrgyzstan and fun family times are ahead!  

Have a great holiday and we hope to see you all at our New Year's Day Polar Bear swim celebration.
~mercari

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas to you all...I'm off to even more frigid waters up North. My bro-in-law reports 49Ffffriggin degrees. Bought a bright orange neoprene cap (yes you heard right, but only a cap for up there). Today was 57 and spritzy but the frolicking sealions were looking for our Cary. A very young one swam right up to me and twirled about my legs...then mama came and took him away 9we can't have that can we?). Can't wait for our NEW YEAR'S swim!!
    Take care all ~ love ya
    M

    ReplyDelete