Monday, February 21, 2011

Only half the C's today...

Sadly, Bill had to work today. So, did I give up, wimp out, pull-the-covers-over-my-head? NO --  I got out there with Light-warp-speed-Laura and Leonard today -- yes, MONDAY!  Had the day off and took that challenge from Laura...  swam and LOVED it!  Thanks so much for the encouragement from L&L today...  Bill said he was proud... me? Amazed... I'd swim every day if work didn't get the way!

Laura, I must say went ZOOMING out from La Jolla Shores in COLD water (air and water temps were about the same, around 56-58ish) -- she swam faster than dolphins and seemed to glide along on top of the water -- I don't believe she even got wet, well maybe a little...  LFTC flew along with Leonard and then me dragging behind.  Thanks for making me appear about as fast as a sea cucumber... still, I was out there... feeling lucky.

Leonard saw all the good stuff as he went by the secret spot near the marine room on our return from the 1/4 mile buoy... Laura and I watched him as we kept heading back north (like horses nearing the barn) toward the tower... Leonard saw leopards and BIG crab.  We don't know what kind, but will check with Janie, our local naturalist. Very cool...

A small, but mighty pod!  Thanks for the swim, you awesome swimmers. That will probably be it for two weeks from the mighty C's. Bill and I leave early Saturday morning (2/26) and won't return until March 8. We'll be back in the water on March 12.  Will miss you all!!!  Happy swimming.

Looking towards the cove... perfect day for swim!

North towards our pier -- no more storm!

1 comment:

  1. first of all, i had magic fins today and this was the only reason i could cruise. a little pay back for leonard was only incidental.
    second of all, one half of the mighty c's is better than none.
    thirdly, bill should be proud of you as you seriousy rock all our worlds, not just his..
    we missed you though, BC!

    ReplyDelete