Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Sunday Six Pack Swims!

We had a super-Sunday-six-pack-pod today -- fun swim with Laura pushing through that surf, Ruth right behind and Diana joined us today.  Leonard and Bill swiftly took off and the six of us blazed through the rollers and wind.  Not much in the way of sea life,  except for the amazing cormorant that nearly crashed into Leonard as he clipped along... The sea lions joined us in the cove for their usual antics... up close and getting more personal every week.  Diana noted a very large one making eye contact!  Look out...

The water temps still chilly, from 55 to 58 depending on where you are... rollers were fun as we tooled out to the A, then the B, then the 1/4, back to the A and in!  What a fun swim with such an amazing pod... you are my swimming rock stars!  Everyone made it back alive too -- no one lost on the rocks -- a great success!

Looking towards the sea caves...
And, a highlight for me, was (Bill is quite proud of me...) -- I changed on the GRASS in public, again!  Ruth was my witness! No one helped me (with the exception of verbal coaching from my sweet William) even though my hands were so cold they could barely put and pull things on...anyway, thought you'd all be proud, certainly Laura will be.  I'm just saying...

Gentle roller swim... Aloes in the sunlight.
The sea lion friends of the cove... with flowers.  Check the big surf!

2 comments:

  1. cary! i am proud of you! and amazed! you went from an entire CREW manually helping you to merely being coached, fast learner you are..
    you and cami can have a stripping contest, you can practice on your trip!
    i had a blast today, thanks!

    ReplyDelete