Sunday, February 13, 2011

Quietly swimming...

These mighty C's were heading over to La Jolla earlier than planned from our Torrey Pines workout.  In case no one noticed, we're really Cove-ers-at-heart and feel like fish-out-of-water at the shores (unless the cove waves are deadly) ... LOL.  Just me and Bill swam out in beautiful clear and chilly waters to the Marine Room.  We even hoped against all hope that we'd see our long lost pod, but no... just fish and kayaks...

We hooked up with Marta  there, who was hunting for leopards... and found some --  I was thrilled! Haven't seen those sweet, spotted sharks for ages and I've been missing them.  Nice to see Marta too, she's been swimming way up north in even colder waters near Bodega Bay. Yikes!

Deck side we saw Janie leaving early, chatted with Richard, met Don and saw Doug -- shared tea with Maritsa too... still missing our dear pod over at the shores...  Cary changed in public again -- despite serious humiliation -- you'd be proud (I didn't need three people to surround me with 6 towels, I'll have you know!

Hope to see our pod next weekend before we head off to the Caribbean on Feb. 26.

Have a Happy Valentine's Day Monday!

 ~cary

3 comments:

  1. Seeing me is like "finding Waldo" lately...great seeing the Mighty Canning team (also LFTC, Leonard and Janie today)
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's always good to see friendly faces in the sea or near the sea! it's the hilight of my life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete