Monday, August 29, 2011

evening light

WKB and CFTC swam tonight at 6, dipping gingerly into 65 (inside), 68 past takeoff... clean clearish to the 1/4... lots of sea lions, more swimmers and oh, that glow from below... I do love a warm summer dip in the evening, the lighting was spectacular. Good company too. Saw Marta on deck x2. Hovik too. Tons of kelp on shore. Very close (too close) encounter with a giant sea lion on the way in about 3 feet deep, no kiddin. This gal trucked 26 wheelbarrows of dirt from one side of my yard to another today so this dip was just exactly what I needed to even my ballast. Mighty C's thanks for the glorious swim yesterday, you too Fred, LFTC, Amber, Marta, Doug on the fly and Leonard... one of my favorite swims ever with a nice fast pace and clear water. lucky me.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the swim report! Sounds like another beautiful day in paradise... lucky us! Sunday was such fun. We'll be missing our swim peeps, but will do our best to carry on... LOL.

    See you in a few weeks.
    <3 Cary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's go across to the Marime Room at night once this year after sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Years ago 2 friends and I swam to the Marine Room and BACK at night. The water was 70 and it was a blast. We knocked on the window at the Marine Room and waved to everyone lol

    ReplyDelete