Monday, August 29, 2011

The Sunset That Wasn't



Beautiful sunset pictures...that's all I see from LA swim chums and it's buggin big time. So I expressly tied myself to a chair all day to keep me from swimming in the morning. I was bound (almost literally) and determined to swim later and take my camera to capture one of our beauteous sunsets. Arrived at the cove near 3:30 and saw Dana heading off in her signature "itsy bitsy teeny weeny (black and white) polka dot bikini" and a few others on deck. After trudging through the shrubbery on shore and shallows, got my glide on and did the large loop (A-Q-1/2-B-A). Slight marine layer with sun...thought it should make a great photo. Improved viz at the yellow sticks where a HUGE yellow tail and some smaller adult sized one were hanging. Ding Ding Ding...dinner! Have never seen one that big in person! Nothing else much but for the little juvy senoritas...they're so cute wiggling their little black tails. Out by the 1/2 looked at the temp gauge on my watch and it said 71.7F and other than a few gentle rollers, lake-like flat drill-tempting calm with barely a ripple in shore worth mentioning. Afterward, a fellow asked if his teenage daughter could swim with someone and since I already had gone and saw Vic, Chris and Hovik chatting getting ready for a launch, made the hookup...Hailey was super fly fast! Those little age-groupers man, what are they feeding them?

After my R&R in the jacuzzi, went back down for the sunset session and...nada, zip, zero, nyet, oh crap, no sunset, nuthin but marine layer...drat, double hockey sticks! On the up side of things, ran into the sistas going for a dip in the briny blue. It was a negative tide by now and at boomers the tide pools were accessible...here's what I snapped:













photos taken with Canon PowerShot G6


3 comments:

  1. Nice pics! Thanks for sharing...
    ~Cary

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks guys...appreciate it and all the fab swim chums.

    Sorry, probably a bad joke considering "Fluffy's back" 8/31 Cove is closed for 24hrs...check for closures before you go. Today 5'waves in the Cove and LFTC navigated them like a pro!

    ReplyDelete