Sunday, December 5, 2010

Saturday and Sunday -- finally back swimming!

Bill and I finally got back into the ocean -- and whoa -- shocker on the temp! Who turned the cold water up? On-beyond-cold, but knew we had to get in there. We were just us two on Saturday, calm seas, smooth glass lake, seals around. Saw a bit of that red tide residue but not as bad as this summer. It just felt REALLY good to be swimming again. I must say, the cold does bring out my ability to buzz a little faster, so we had a good tour of the pencils and then meandered on back. I had to get back to get ready to work at the museum for December Nights fun...

Sunday we had a small pod. Ruth was there, Steve too, Janie showed up and Bill and I made 5! Glassy, smoothness again -- no rough spots and even had a dolphin sighting along with the usual ubiquitous sea lions. Still some residual muckishness that just won't go away, but that didn't stop us. Great and speedy this pod dashed from stick to stick, not spending too much time chatting along the way, cause it was just too chilly-willy! Missed those that didn't make it. Cami, Laura-from-the-cove-with-a-cold (LFTCWAC) -- all of you! (LFTC please lose the WAC and feel better soon!) Did you all notice that NO one is lounging around on the grass either? Can't understand why... I MISS THE SUMMER WE NEVER QUITE HAD. It was better than winter, yes? But swimming is better than NOT swimming, so there you have it!

Hey now, on a holiday note, we did make it to the La Jolla Christmas parade in the afternoon and saw Janie waving to us from across the street -- whoa, now there's a parade that stopped the local traffic. Lots of happy kids and marching bands and ladies on horses, my, my, my -- quite an event.

We plan to swim next weekend, so hope to hookup with more of our podnicks! Missing yous!
~Cary

3 comments:

  1. glad you guys got your wet on! right now, i'll HAPPILY take the muck and the cold it's been so many days. i rounded the bend, i think the 12 hours rest last night did it. (haven't done that in decades) next weekend! i miss you guys so much my little heart aches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It felt like 54. Hopefully this is as cold as it gets this year. Thanks for the swim everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It felt like 54 to me too, but the last time I was in the water, I think it was 64 - yikes! I do hope this is a low as we go!!!

    ReplyDelete