Sunday, July 24, 2011

Swim peeps see fish


Cool fish out today... some visibility and pretty calm waters, clear to the bottom in some spots. LFTC, the Mighty C's, CFTC, Sunshine and Arno Chrispeels all departed shore approx: 11:30 am, straight to the 1/4 and on to find soupfins (or bluntnose six gill ??), no luck in the shark department (did I really just say that?) but found FRED in a Neon Orange Cap and big black fins for the record. Onward towards the 1/2 when what to my dazzled eyes did appear???? YES! the elusive Yellotail!! see picture, not quite close enough to grab (as if!) but darn tootin close and right along side of me... the yellow and blue in its body were clear as day and the tail. The one in the picture is about the same size, WOW... now thats a first for this gilled gal. I screamed at the top of my lungs in utter delight and was a little taken back by how NONE of you even looked up.... hello? what if I saw... well, you know, whatever... no matter. Im sure if he had any intention of sticking around my scream sent him scurrying. Sorry y'all missed it, esp. Cary who has a thing for these guys. Onward to the Marine room across hwy. 5 of novice kayakers... to the sand, a few bat rays, a few leopard sharks witnessed by everyone except me, then southbound towards the Caves and a nice rolling swim in for the chicks as Bill raced the clock. Came in only to find not one but BOTH of my kids playing in the water.... woe, what a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment