Sunday, October 17, 2010

i'm gonna make you cry

get your fainting couch ready because i'm going to give you a big fat spell of the vapors, right now: swim report sunday, ruth and lftc. icky out, cold and grey and drizzly but! the water was flatter and smoother than i've seen in awhile with the telltale big blue green spots seen from above, quiet as a lake and totally crystal clear-all the way down. everywhere. you could count the rocks and shells on the sea floor. swam to the a in 65 degrees then went toward the caves to show a new guy around (greg) and since the water WAS CRYSTAL CLEAR i happened to see a big shark, maybe 3-4 feet long, solo, swimming near the bottom. ruth saw only a big dark fish and greg missed him. i was the lucky one, i saw him twice, all of him. he didn't exactly look like the smoothounds, i'm thinking seven gill. i'll research it when i calm down. he freaked me out a little, i kept waiting for him to look right up at me and tell me i looked yummy so we swam back to the 1/4 and back to the a and played in the cove a bit. it was all ours. i was so distracted by the clarity that i couldn't stay on a beat, forgetting to breathe, ducking my head down and around like a bobble head, sometimes just floating on top like a raft. i'm sure it looked amusing from the top, swim swim swim and then nothing but a deadgirls float, repeat. so sorry you guys missed it, really. thanks to ruth for being an excellent partner and staying on track to get me there. had she actually known how to answer her new iphone i would have bailed. i tried but the sea gods had different plans for me. KILLER swim, my beloved friends.
lftc out

1 comment:

  1. I'm on my fainting couch as we speak! Yes, sobbing, indeed -- it was so rough and soggy at Torrey Pines, it's really amazing that our beautiful sheltered cove can be so close, yet so beautifully far away! I, sniff, sniff, am sorry we drove back east, but dripping and wet, a swim sounded less appealing than the cuppa' hot tea we were heading for! Sill, I confess -- WE BLEW IT!

    Thanks for the report -- some comfort knowing you missed us!
    ~cary

    ReplyDelete