Sunday, October 24, 2010

What a Day

So I met Bill at the Cove at 9 a.m. It was crowded as the Challenged Athlete Triathlon was underway. Man those folks are amazing. The swimming portion was nearly ended but there were still some folks swimming in so the Cove was officially closed for public swimming until everyone was in and the extra buoys taken away. Bill made me walk down to the Point and then made me jump into the surf. We swam out towards the A and then realized we were swimming to the B so I said uh-uh no way. So we swam to the A. Then Bill dragged me kicking and screaming to the B! The B buoy! The out-in-the-middle-of-the-deep-blue-sea B buoy. "Does Cary swim to the B?" "Oh yes, all the time" Well we were out there in the middle of the ocean at the B buoy, which was sadly naked. It was kinda choppy but the water felt warmer than yesterday. We swam back inside to the half and then home, stopping at the quarter for a long chat. All in all a spectacular swim and full of things ruth never did before at the Cove. Generally excellent population density - me and Bill and no one else in sight. If I were to trade state secrets, I'd do it at the B buoy.

Then a quick tour of the Event area and people were already running in to the finish. It was tremendous. The whole crowd at the Cove today was humbling and inspiring and filled me with awe and gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment