Saturday, October 23, 2010

rrr.

Well so heres what happened on my end.... I left home in a relative downpour... Clairemont in some heavy wet-my-brow drizzle.. not the rain of the Pacific NW, but hey, when in Rome right? SO I stalled, must be a message from the universe right?? then a friend who I won't name but who also didn't swim today, called... oh, its raining here in LJ, rain, for real.... ohhh, and 5 ft. vis... sounds dreadful. I backed out. Phoned in with my lame-I-don't-wanna-get-sick.. yadda yadda... the grace on the other end of the line "ya ya, are you coming? Do we need to wait?" no. final answer.
Just to check, maaaybe? I drove down to the Cove anyway and saw it. You were beautiful, you fast strong gorgeous merfolks of the deep.... I saw you as I was cruising down the hill in total sunshine, peering out my window seeing only rolling hills, no bump on the water and you all marching out to the A. A force, you owned that water, you took over like a pod of hungry orcas on the hunt.
Defeat.
I was consoled into a mocha and walk along the ocean by WindanSea, where it was then disclosed that although this was MY only window for a swim, SHE would be surfing for sure later... it just looked so amazing out there.... w.h.a.t.e.v.e.r......
Dang. Glad you all made it safely, Toni... you are my hero... the rest of you... you know who you are, Dang. Sure missed it.
Tomorrow? Yah, come hell or high water (relatively speaking)
Dang.

2 comments:

  1. oh cami! you are bringing tears to my eyes! it's always this way-we decide to bail, for whatever reasons and then beat the hell out of ourselves for not going. this is why i USE partners, that's right, i said it:USE. you guys get me to where i need to be, i rely on it. plus, you are all so wonderful to be around, how could i go wrong? win, win, win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i second that.
    cryptic message but all i know is that i was dang sorry you weren't there.
    i hope you swam today. the Cove has a special aura when you're swimming.

    ReplyDelete