Thursday, November 11, 2010

Like A Bouncing Beach Ball

I really wanted to join the mer-folk today, but had a (as it turned out) delicious previous engagement @ Cucina Italiana in Clairemont Square. Driving on the way to the Cove, I stopped right behind DB on his "scooter" (what are the odds?). I was hoping to catch you guys, but prepared to swim with Dana if I didn't make it. The timing and surf report was not conducive to a social swim and Dana spent time with the hubs instead, but I was glad to at least say 'hi' to y'all and see Cami's bitchin new fins. I let LG Eric know my plan as the texture of our Cove was getting more exciting and the temp dropping (62'). I didn't realize how much until I got out there...it was reminiscent of Monday's swim minus the warm water temp and dolphins. I was being bounced around like a beach ball, which funny enough was playing on my H2O Audio/iPod ala Dave Matthews Band la la lala "All the world is like a beach ball...Out in space between the waves..lala la." The only critters I saw besides the frolicking sea lions and DB were a bunch of white jellies; one of which got punched as my hand entered the water (that felt strange). I only managed A-B-1/2-A and back...a lot tougher coming back. A cross on-shore wind had picked up and I wanted to be back on shore myself. The music was now "Turn The Beat Around" and so I did!
~Marta

No comments:

Post a Comment