Friday, November 19, 2010

nothing like a morning swim to clear your head

Well, I was at the Cove this morning at the appallingly early hour of 9:00 a.m. Hooked up finally with a threesome who left me in the dust. "we're going to the half and then the A". From the 1/2 i follow them and Ken and another guy out to the A which looks impossibly far away. Then i'm left in the dust again as everyone starts swimming back. I decide to swim back inside before heading home because of all the seaweed. I see in the distance a yellow stick buoy. WHAAAA?????? So then i realize that i'm all alone swimming back from the "B". You know, the "B" buoy where that outrigger saw a great white a few weeks ago. Back at the A Ken said i swam fast. I told him it was abject fear. Aside from the sharks in my head, the water was flat, cool, beautiful. Clear out to the 1/4 and clear-ish back from the A. Sea lions galore but the inner cove was still clear and beautiful. All in all refreshing and lovely. Missed you, my mer-folk and sea-sisters. Grateful for the company I did have. Looking forward to our swim tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. If it was Ken then one of the other guys was Tom (silver hair), but no idea who the 3rd was. Good girl!! Sorry I couldn't meet you.

    ReplyDelete