Thursday, November 11, 2010

adventure on the high seas

Marta, my swimming caps (both of em) are off to you for chopping around out there solo today. We got pretty scattered today, no small thanks to dawdling ruth and her early goggle adjustment. Water felt delicious - my shoulders were grateful to feel the cool water, the rest of me grateful to be under my wetsuit! But pretty good visibility on the inside over to the Marine Room where there were tons, thousands, maybe millions, of leopard sharks. I thought it was choppy going over - couldn't believe the return journey. I felt like a tiny fishing boat getting swallowed up and rocked around by the waves. Right arm stroke barely out of the water. What's with the big gulps of water when I breathed? I was facing INSIDE. Such an adventure. And it was so beautiful down there - pretty calm under the chop. Cami at my side the whole way in. What could be better? Toni you were so far ahead of me i didn't realize you were swimming back alone until I pulled into the MR to idle.

2 comments:

  1. I'm bummed that Steve and I swam all the way over to the MR and saw no sharks! They were there by "the millions" after all. We just gave up too soon. It was either look for sharks OR swim back to the cove. The chop made it unattractive to do both. Next time...next time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like y'all practically did solos too! Love seeing the critters out there. Next time...when is next time BTW?

    ReplyDelete