Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Victory at Sea, or Ruth is So Not Hard Core

Went out this a.m. to pick up my gear at the Club, met a lone swimmer on his way out for a quickie and jumped into my wetsuit to join him. Very strong current, surf, swell - all of it and i'm not sure which is which but it was pulling strongly toward the rocks. I dashed out behind my new found friend. Should have known better as he was fin-less and wetsuit-less and I guess fearless. So I get out of the Cove and think this won't be fun to get back in, assuming i can make it out to the quarter. I turned around after about 5 minutes and came back in. Saw a bunch of em in the hot tub afterwards - Ken, Craig (?) and two others. Oh - the sea lions were jumping - quite literally - they were body-surfing too.

Anyone for a morning swim on Thanksgiving? 9 or 9:30-ish?

1 comment: